There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thankful

Ok so I am a week late for Thanksgiving.....but it's taken me that long to actually sit and blog!

I am thankful for my kids...who everyday prove that I have done something right in my life
I am thankful for my husband...who loves me for me and reminds me daily of my blessings
I am thankful for my family...who are like a box of chocolates
I am thankful for Janice and her family...she always reminds me of all I have to be thankful for
I am thankful for crazy mornings...we all have places to be, lives to touch and imprints to make
I am thankful for busy evenings...it reminds me we are all healthy and active
I am thankful for Glenda...who makes it possible for me to work each day and not worry each minute
I am thankful for runnin' hugs...can't beat that
I am thankful for my co-workers...who are definitely a Holy Family
I am thankful for my students...who remind me that we all learn and grow each day
I am thankful for my principal...who is approachable, progressive and puts up with me
I am thankful for my faith...which has guided me past my broken road
I am thankful for the peace I feel when the world seems unfair and out of control
I am thankful for the bumps in the road that led me to that peace
I am thankful for hot showers...my best thinking spot
I am thankful for banana martinis...yum
I am thankful for food...we all need at least one addiction!
I am thankful for home...my favourite place to be
I am thankful for where I am and who I am today...a place I once thought I would never find...peace, love, and happiness

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving...and has plenty to be thankful for!

4 comments:

mom2natnkatncj said...

Well, in America you are about a month early for this ;). Great list.

my3 kids said...

Hey what about your friends????? LOL great list and you have done such a wonderful job in your life shannon.....hugs my FRIEND!!! ha ha just kidding...Love ya We are thankful for you!!

my3 kids said...

LOL too funny Shannon....I am so thankful that you find my reminders so helpful..ha ha ha crazy nut!

my3 kids said...

Hey I tagged you..go visit my blog to see what you have to do...have fun:)