There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Where did January go?

I think I missed something somewhere......like all of January!
The crazy thing is that I did get a new camera for Christmas.....but I haven't even installed the new software on my computer yet! So you get a text update rather than a photo update this time.....
Austin - We (and when I say we....I really mean he) is getting really pumped for high school. We are choosing courses and he did a tour of the high school and I really can not believe I will have a child in high school next year! How did that happen? I am actually really excited for him and all the opportunities and choices he will have in high school that I didn't.....and on the other hand I am scared of all the opportunities and choices he will have that I didn't. He's a good kid so I have to believe that he will keep his head on straight and aim for his goals.....
Kailyn - Well I must say I am proud of my girl for trying out for the school basketball team and having a blast at her first tournament! She has also starred in her first movie....directed by a student from the local college's broadcasting program. Kailyn will also be taking her Con$ervatory Canada grade one piano exam this month. I am sure she will do great....she is loving playing the piano!
Jackson - We are working on moving from a crib to a big boy bed.....he just loves his crib so much! He goes to bed so well....I hope we have a smooth transition for him! He's still loving to 'read' and count...he runs around with his "cunkulator" and shows us all the numbers he can type...

Us - We are both running like crazy with kids and work....it's wonderful! I am almost done my winter course and have just signed up for a spring one....yes I think I am nuts but after this one I will only have one more left and then I am done done done!!
I am loving teaching grade three....the kids are great and the staff is wonderful. I keep hoping that a permanent job comes up soon...I believe that things happen for a reason and I am trying to be patient....so I will enjoy what I have right now!

Ok so hopefully I will get my camera installed soon and can share some pics!
Take care all!

1 comment:

my3 kids said...

Great update..life sounds busy and great which is awesome. I know what you mean about highschool....yikes! Can't wait for some updated pictures..hurry chick before Austin IS in highschool!!