There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Monday, May 31, 2010

Youth Corps Final March

Austin's Youth Corp group held their final march at the end of May. Austin was part of the colour party this year, and for final march he (YIKES) carried a gun. You know how I feel about guns, (sorry Dad) so, as proud of him as I am, it was very hard to see my boy carry a gun. I know, it goes with the territory, but still......

I was able to get past the gun thing for a brief moment when Austin was presented an award this year. Way to go my little man......I love you! Austin on the left.....with the gun :-(

Austin in colour party. Still with gun....





1 comment:

my3 kids said...

Wow...a gun. That has gotta scare the pants off your mama. Relax Shan..he is growing up. You're so funny chickie!