There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Friday, July 1, 2011

Resurrection

Well.....This neglected blog needs to be resurrected....
I haven't posted anything in many months because I was waiting for something good to share. But after the last 8 months of heartache and pain.....I need to look ahead. I looked at my last real post.....from Thanksgiving 2010. I had so much to be thankful for, and really.....I still do....but many things on my 2010 Thankful List no longer exist. And I still grieve for the loss, but am trying to remember each day, all the other things that still do exist. This school year has finally come to an end, and I am closing the door on what was, and hoping to sculpt what my future will be. I'm not a stranger to heartache or pain, and I've picked myself up before and I will again. The biggest lesson I have learned in the last 8 months is how so very blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life. Our whole ordeal has brought me closer to so many people, and certainly cemented friendships. For that, I am truly thankful. I knew how lucky I was before, how many times had I said that I can't believe I was getting paid to do something each day that I loved so much. With people I loved so much. And I know I have not been alone in all this. People have suffered with me. And that hurts to know that other people have hurt too. Dan has suffered through my stress as well as his own. And we both know things could be so much worse. And we both continue to try to make sense of it all. But at least for now, one chapter is closed and I wait for what the next chapter will bring. I attended the funeral for the father of a very dear friend of mine, and my friend spoke about his father and the strengths and insights he has learned and hopes to carry on himself. He spoke about loving those who love you and forgiving those who don't.....and of being patient for God's gifts to be revealed. And I know I have not been able to let go of the things that were said, or done, I'm not quite sure why this has hurt so much......but I do need to let go. For me. For those in my life who matter. Holding on to the hurt isn't productive and it's not going to help me achieve the goals that I've been working so hard to reach. There are events in your life that change some things about yourself, but change can be good. Listening to the inspirational words spoken at Kailyn's Grade 6 Year End Mass reiterated that. They hit very close to my heart and I hope the man who spoke them will remember his own words as well. You all know that I'm a sentimental sap who hangs on to the emotional memories of every event, but the time has come to for me to hold on tight to all the wonderful memories and focus on creating more. Time to let go. I will hold on to the hope that good things can happen and pray that this summer brings closure to both of us.
So.....here are some really great things to share.....

Austin now has a job and is saving to reach many goals he has made for himself. He has done so well in school this year and truly makes me proud. He now has his beginner driver's licence and dreams of his mustang. He will be going into grade 11 next year and is beginning to map out his future for himself and I am so excited for the possibilities and potential for him.

Kailyn just completed grade 6 and will be moving on to junior high next year. She has done so well the last two years of school, really becoming her own person, full of life and personality. She has the best group of friends and it makes me so proud to see what a good friend she is to them. I'm excited for all the experiences that await her.

Jackson so loved junior kindergarten this year. It sure helped that his teacher is a dear friend of mine and I didn't worry a second with him in her care. He will be attending senior kindergarten next year....we are still looking at our options for exactly what that will look like. He still loves to read, especially about the solar system right now, and is becoming a math whiz. He just got glasses and is the cutest thing ever.


Jackson with his teacher


The beautiful girls.....best friends

When I can corner Austin.....I'll get some pics of him

No comments: