There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF

Wow it's been a non-stop week. This working full time thing is over-rated! I am slowly getting my classroom just the way I want it and working hard at getting my students into a routine and following our expectations. Our school had a beautiful service today for a teacher who passed away over the summer, it was quite moving. It was a great reminder that being a teacher is more than just a 'job'.....it's a calling.

So as I try to balance my calling as a mother, wife and teacher......my laundry has piled up and my floors need to be cleaned. But I have 4 smiling faces to come home to every day (ok, most days they are all smiling) AND I found this really neat musical gadget to put on my blog......like it?

Here is a pic of my bullet!n board outside my classroom........can you tell it's my classroom!?! I cut the peace into 'pieces' and each kid wrote their name and goals for the year on their 'piece'. It worked out so well......I couldn't believe they actually got the symbolism behind it all! Makes me proud! :-)
Have a great weekend!

No comments: