There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Friday, December 23, 2011

Driving, flying, playing.....and maybe even some hope

Been keeping busy here.....I just finished another course, because I just like tormenting myself that way.  And of course, again I tell myself that I'm not taking another one but I'm sure I will be signing up for something else.  Austin just got his driver's licence this week.....he is quite excited and I am quite proud, and feeling just a tad bit old.  Of course, no pictures of him.  Going to have to bribe him now with use of a vehicle in exchange for pictures.  Kailyn has been very busy swimming, cheerleading (she is flyer on the cheerleading team.........nothing like watching your baby girl flying through the air hoping the girls on the floor will catch her!) and working on her grade 4 piano.  Jackson just passed his swimming lesson level, absorbing an amazing amount of the french language at school and is loving piano lessons.  AND I have a touch of hope this week that maybe good things might come my way next year in terms of teaching.  I have been given a fresh shot of oxygen.....we will wait and see what comes of it.  Say a prayer.....or 3.


 While visiting Mike and Kathy last week, a special visitor stopped by.  Of course he stopped by after I had left to bring Kailyn to her extra cheerleading practice before her competition, so we missed the jolly man.  Hope you forgive us Santa!!


 Jackson's class had a trip to the farm this week (I had gotten called in for a supply teaching day so I missed that too!) and Dad got to go.  He had fun playing with his friends and jumping on those hay bales again.




Wednesday this week was the big cheerleading competition that the girls have been looking forward to.  Danielle and Kailyn go to different senior elementary schools so they were competing against each other!  Both girls are flyers so it was great to see them perform.
Not sure if you can tell in this pic, but Kailyn is being held up by her team of bases. 

 Kailyn is on the left


Kailyn is 2nd from the left being held up. 


And Kailyn's team won first place!!  Way to go girls!

No comments: