In a nutshell, 2012 started off much the same way 2010 ended. I had to remind myself, every single day, multiple times a day, that it could be worse. I thanked God each and every day that our children were healthy and that we were healthy and that at some point justice would prevail. It took until the middle of 2012 for things to start turning around. Almost 2 full years of heartache, frustration and incredible stress. Now, as we are reminded daily of what some people can do to try to ruin lives, we are also reminded daily of the wonderful friendships that have been cemented.
So….for all the wonderful things in our lives:
I now have my very own classroom (SmartBoard and ALL!), teaching grade 3 (17 wonderful sponges), in a school with incredibly giving educators (who like that I bring baking to staff meetings) and an amazingly supportive administrator (who is both approachable and visible and is still putting up with my sense (?) of humour).
Austin is in his first year of university, taking a double major in Honours Economics/Political Science. He's working crazy hours and learning to balance life, work, school, his girlfriend and whatever else I ask him to do. He's an amazing little man.
Kailyn is in grade 9 and totally impressing me with her work habits and dedication. She has a very heavy first semester and just finished her first basketball season. She has just made the volleyball and cheer teams as well, and still playing piano so she is a very very busy girl!
Jackson is in grade 2, still in french immersion. An amazingly bright and sensitive little boy. He's loving soccer and just started basketball. He is still playing piano and asking 3000 questions a day. Never a dull moment.
And I love every non-dull moment. Those years changed how I view situations and people. Over the last 3 months though, I have realized that even though I take a step back now before I jump in, the core of who I am has not changed. It's there, slowly building back up confidence. Yes I still carry bitterness, yes I'm still guarded and yes I have some deep rooted anger, but all that can not stop me from being who I am. Every once in a while I catch myself forgetting about the pain and smiling about what is now, and I'm glad. I have so many things to be thankful for. Now I can focus on being the peace loving mom, wife, teacher and friend that I want to be.
Love my babies!
1 comment:
Glad you are back..now don't leave for so long this time!!!! You are an incredible person Shannon..my heart ached for you and your family through all the roughness...just wish I could have been closer to you for support. Love and hugs and wishing you all the very best in 2014, cause I know it's gunna be a great year <3
Post a Comment