There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Update

Summer is in full swing! And it only took me 2 weeks to get myself organized enough to enjoy a few days in the sun. We have had more hot days so far this summer than we had all last summer....and we have six and a half more weeks to go! Hope I didn't just jinx it. I have actually transformed from my usual pastey shade of white to a semi-brownish colour. So...this is the update on all us:



Austin: Has officially transferred high schools for next year. I am secretly quite excited for him, (ok not so secretly now) because he will be attending a school in the same board I teach in. I hope that he has a smooth transition and will be able to enjoy his next three years in high school. He has been quite busy sleeping until noon, destroying zombies and "poning newbs", after all his chores are done of course. On occasion he has spent some time in the pool and watched a few movies. Oh to be a teenager again......



Kailyn: Well she spent her entire first two weeks off school in the pool, thus explaining why she is a dark shade of brown with intense blonde highlights. Actually her blond highlights began to turn green from her 7-9 hours per day in the pool. Anyone know how to fix that? She has been at my mom and dad's for the last week and a half so I am told the green has faded out. The house has been eerily quiet.....and I miss her! She is VERY excited to know that she will be returning to HF school next year to complete grade six. She has made amazing friends there and I am VERY happy with the way she blossomed over the past year. It really is amazing what a positive school environment will do for a child and the change of schools was one of the best decisions I have ever made, if I do say so myself. She will even tell you she feels like family there. Couldn't ask for more.



Jackson: Is very much enjoying his summer of having mommy home everyday and just playing. He goes from water table, to kitchen, to sandbox, to golf clubs, to sitting on the side of the pool squirting anyone in it, but he has no interest in actually going into the pool. I am completely fine with that for now! I have gotten him in with me now twice, it only takes a few minutes for him to stop screaming and the neighbours to be reassured that they don't have to call the authorities....everything in his own time. I tell you, he's an old man with some of his mother's OCD tendancies.....nothing wrong with that. Daddy has been on holidays for 2 weeks now so Jackson has a partner to swing the golf clubs with now, because we all know my theory on golf. Jackson and I have had some mean hockey games on the driveway though....maybe one of my children will be intested in hockey?



Dan: Week 2 of 4 of his holidays are now underway. He has gotten some golf time in.......yippee!?!?! And....and....and.....ummmmmm....... He has mastered pool maintenance (I let the pool boy go.....wasn't fulfilling his contract requirements) and has gotten the landscaping around it mostly complete. I guess he really should relax and enjoy his holidays..... He's missing his pool buddy Kai to play their water games, but she will return soon!



Me: Well......I can actually say I have spent a few days out by the pool reading and giving my new blackberry some much deserved attention and TLC....and I have a slight tan to prove it. I left the laundry and cleaning for a few hours and the house didn't fall down! Imagine that. I do make up for it by staying up way too late catching up on my "things to do" list. I have been enjoying many of my evenings rollerblading again after a too long hiatus from actual physical fitness.....I have some major catching up to do in the physical department. I hope to get myself back into some sort of shape to play hockey again this winter......wish me luck. I am definitely enjoying my time off!

Peace, love, health and happiness!

No comments: